The Test Centre at Niagara College provides testing accommodations, including extended time to write tests/exams, specialized assistive technology, alternative testing strategies, etc.
In order to provide test accommodations for a student with a disability, the Disability Services must provide the Test Centre with a Letter of Accommodation. This letter includes all pertinent information for the Test Centre staff to ensure that appropriate accommodations with respect to tests are provided.
The Letter of Accommodation specifically outlines any or all of the following test accommodations:
- Additional time to write tests/exams
- Adaptive computer and software required to complete tests/exams
- Specific requirements with respect to testing environment
- Requirements for scribes, interpreter services and/or other supports
Do you need accommodations for a pre-admission test?
Disability Services can assist you with preparing for a Pre-Admission test as part of applying to a Niagara College program.
Visit Accessibility Services
Test Centre Procedures
In order to ensure that proper testing accommodations are provided, and to maintain academic integrity, please review the following testing procedures.
- A minimum of one week prior to each test, students should login into Clockwork and schedule their test in the Test Centre through Clockwork. Any student that has difficulty with booking a test on Clockwork is invited to go to the Test Centre in person to discuss the issue with Test Centre staff and assistance will be provided. Students who do not follow this protocol may find that accommodation cannot be provided.
- Students are responsible for identifying assistive technology needs such as Dragon, Kurzwell, Scribe, and Reader, etc. The assistive technology is not guaranteed if the assistive technology is not identified at the time of booking.
- When a student books his/her appointment via Clockwork the course instructor is immediately notified via email that the test has been scheduled and the course instructor will liaise directly with the Test Centre to provide all testing materials and test instructions that will be shared with the test writer at the scheduled time of the test. Any questions or concerns should be directed to the Test Centre and Test Centre staff will be happy to assist you.
- On the day of the test, students will proceed to the Test Centre to write their test. Students will be asked to show a photo ID (a student card is fine).
- Once complete, the course instructor will pick up your test from the Test Centre. Any inquiries regarding the marking of tests completed in the Test Centre should be directed to the specific course instructor for the course being taken.