//Skip to Main Content
You must meet these requirements in order to be considered:
For further information or assistance, library staff members are available to chat!
Peer Tutoring appointments will be conducted both online and in-person for the Winter term. Tutors have the option to set their preferences and availability. With the return to campus for most students in January, in-person appointments may be required for some courses. Tutors will be paid $15.00/hr.
As before, each student must book an online appointment in advance to meet with a tutor.
If interested in becoming a peer tutor for the Fall term, online applications are now open!
1. Visit the Peer Tutoring Organization via the Get Involved website to begin.
2. Sign in by clicking the button in the top right corner, and then join the Peer Tutoring Organization. Only students who are logged in as members of the organization can view the online application form.
3. Scroll down the page to find 'Tutor Application Fall 2021' listed under Forms.
4. Complete and submit your application online.
5. If your application is approved, you will receive further instructions.
Are you interested in seeing how it works? Register for an account at niagara.mywconline.com to view the online schedule for each campus.
Peer tutors determine their own set weekly schedule and the number of hours available to work (max.12 hours/week). Each tutor is approved for specific courses and will be required to use video and audio when assisting students online.
Students who require help with their courses access the online schedule to view tutor availability and make appointments as needed. Appointment notifications will be sent to your Niagara College email to confirm details.
Peer Study Assistants provide the same support as Peer Tutors, but are currently enrolled in the same course as the students who need support. Please submit an online application through Get Involved. Before your application can be approved, we will obtain a recommendation from your professor that you are performing well in the class.
Please note, preference is given to a Peer Tutor if one is available.